Monday, February 20, 2012

Tithe Project

Ever heard of Tithing? Well it's a Religious thing were you donate 10% of your earnings to the church. I do that, except instead of giving it to the church i donate it to charity (my church doesn't do offering baskets... i know wierd right?)

Well my Tithe project 2012 is tie-blankets. Yes, blankets. Project Linus donates blankets to needy children, and since they're easy, fun, and cheap to make i thought why not! I've estimated about $15 for a big-ish blanket (I like 'em big, so i thought they should be), so I've been saving my tithe. I'm up to $18.30, but i'm waiting for more and a sale at my local fabric shop. It's going to be fun!

And here's a great idea! When I get enough for a couple of blankets i'm going to invite some peeps over and have a tie-blanket party!!! ;]

So blah blah blah you should join blah. blah blah good for the kids blah cute kids blah blah.
(I don't care if you join or not just bloggin' :)


Project Linus: http://www.projectlinus.org/
Don't know how to make one? http://robin.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-a-Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment

What can the Wizard of Oz do for you?